What do I need to have an online store?
An ecommerce website - (Joomla content management system)
- A store software suite - popular one is Virtuemart this is what is actually integrated into your site and allows you to add, remove, and modify products, accept payments, have a "shopping cart" system, and handle your customer's user accounts. This serves as the link between your customers placing orders and you receiving them. This connects to your merchant account(b) through your SSL(c).
- Your merchant account- is what allows you to accept payments. The merchant account is set up between you and a merchant provider, and does not have anything to do with us - your store software connects through our server, to the merchant provider's server and sends it the credit card details your customer just typed into the store software's customer interface. The merchant provider then charges the customer's card, and moves the funds into your account with them. How you get paid by the merchant provider varies from provider to provider, but normally they will either deposit into your account directly, send you a check, or send you a PayPal payment. The credit card information, when in transit between your client's computer and your server must be encrypted for safety reasons. This is why you need an SSL certificate(c).
- The SSL certificate can be thought of as a lockbox for your data - while it doesn't make it any harder for anyone to get ahold of the data, it encrypts it to the point that nobody can understand it. In addition to encrypting data, the SSL shows visitors that your business is legitimate, and will not attempt to defraud them in any way.
- Hosting option and dedicated IP address- Host Gator business plan
- Paypal- setting up a paypal account and integration with your website and Local bank
- Optional - additional features for the website.
Social Media Marketing in a Nutshell
Firstly let us understand the core concept:
- Social media is technology which connects people to either chat or share content
- Social networks are facebook, Google+, twitter, linkin etc
- Social media uses technology to build relationships with your proposed customers, attract new customers to your business and finally get repeat business from your customers.
Using our strategies to drive new customers to your site
One of our cheapest and most effective way of advertising is by using the old concept of “WORD OF MOUTH”, we here at Trinistyles Web Solutions we don’t believe in spending thousands of your hard earn dollars in placing expensive ads on the television or radio and not getting the returns you want.According to Constant contact’s 2011 small business attitudes and outlook survey, 73% of small businesses and organizations have started using social media marketing and 62% of those not using it expect to start marketing through social media within the next 12 months.The way the word of mouth concept works is by getting people excited about your product or service by:
Why maintain your website?
Let’s use a simple analogy of a car, to keep your car running at peak performance regular tune ups and parts are needed to protect your investment. So too does your website, to keep running at peak performance, regular maintenance is done to prevent security issues, data loss, software updates, content updates and any other issues which may have arisen.
With the constant evolving matrix known as the internet in order to keep up with these changes your website require regular updates and backing up of data, I think this is vital just as eating healthy or exercising regularly. It is vital to the health of your site:
• Identify and take corrective measures of any vulnerabilities detected which can harm your website
• Regular software updates to ensure your website works well with all browser.
• Submit regular content to keep your website relevant “fresh” to the search engines and audience